2018 Ford F-150
2018 Ford F-150
Ford, America’s truck leader, introduces the new 2018 Ford F-150 – now even tougher, even smarter and even more capable than ever.
Three years after first introducing the high-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy-bodied Ford F-150, the new Ford F-150 2018 arrives with bold new front and rear styling, advanced technologies – including available Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection – and improved engines. The new engines include an all-new 3.0-l. Power Stroke® V6 turbo diesel and enhanced V6 and V8 gas engines.
The 2018 Ford F-150 is part of the Ford F-Series truck lineup, America’s best-selling truck for 40 consecutive years and America’s best-selling vehicle for 35 years.
The new Ford F-150 (2018) delivers on its Built Ford Tough promise through a segment-exclusive combination of advanced materials that are durable and inhibit corrosion.
A high-strength steel fully boxed ladder frame and high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy body save weight and add capability, helping Ford F-150 tow heavier trailers than ever and deliver best-in-class payload ratings.
The 2018 Ford F-150 lineup is new with even tougher looks. From XL to top-of-the-line Limited, all Ford F-150 models receive new grilles, headlamps and bumpers that create a visually wider and more planted stance and maximum differentiation between the series. On the Sport Package-equipped Lariat Ford F-150, the signature twin bars are painted body color for a custom athletic appearance.
Further enhancing its "milled from a block of high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy" look, the Ford F-150 features six all-new wheel designs, ranging from 17 in. to 22 in. in diameter.
A new sculpted tailgate with deeper accent form and stamped "Ford F-150" are flanked by new tail lamp designs. For further style differentiation, a tailgate applique adds a horizontal element to Platinum, King Ranch and Limited versions.
Ford F-150 also brings two new seating trim colors – Dark Marsala for Ford F-150 Platinum, while top-of-the-line Ford F-150 Limited offers a Navy Pier environment. New trim offerings including carbon fiber appearance appliques on F-150 XLT Sport and Lariat Sport models, while the famed Ford F-150 King Ranch features new Kingsville Appointed seats.
Ford F-150 advances the light-duty pickup truck segment again with segment-first and class-exclusive technologies that improve productivity, efficiency and driver confidence, while keeping occupants connected to the world around them.
- New enhanced segment-first available adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go functionality allows drivers to set a cruising speed. They then use radar and camera technology to monitor traffic ahead to maintain a set distance between vehicles – even following a vehicle down to a complete stop.
- New, segment-first available Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection helps the driver avoid or mitigate collisions with vehicles and pedestrians.
- With a new available embedded 4G LTE modem for a Wi-Fi hot spot, customers can connect up to 10 mobile devices at one time, virtually anywhere.
- New B&O PLAY available audio system takes advantage of high-end speakers, sound and tuning to deliver a richer, more engaging listening experience.
These technologies join existing segment-exclusive driver assist and convenience features that include:
- Available SYNC and SYNC 3 with FordPass enables compatibility of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – plus mobility services to help customers move more efficiently;
- Available 360-degree camera technology helps improve driver confidence when parking and can help reduce stress when connecting a trailer – allowing customers to see more so they can focus on specific tasks such as lining up a hitch;
- Available lane-keeping system is designed to help reduce unintentional drifting of the vehicle outside the intended lane;
- Available Blind Spot Information System with trailer tow technology is optimized for Ford F-150 to include the length of a trailer up to 33 feet; BLIS uses radar sensors in the taillamps to monitor areas that may not be visible to the driver.
Even more capable FordF-150 (2018)
Ford builds on its performance leadership by offering the most advanced Ford F-150 engine lineup ever, plus the best towing capability of any Ford F-150 ever.
The new Ford F-150 (2018) introduces an all-new, standard 3.3-l. V6 engine, with direct-injection for increased efficiency. The 3.3-l. V6 is expected to offer the same 282 horsepower and 253 lb.-ft. of torque as the previous model’s standard 3.5-l. V6.
An all-new second-generation 2.7-l. EcoBoost engine features advanced dual port and direct injection technology, reduced internal friction and improved robustness – all for improved levels of output, quality, efficiency and durability. Like the 3.5-l. EcoBoost, the 2.7-l. EcoBoost will be paired to the segment-exclusive 10-speed automatic transmission for 2018.
The 5.0-l. V8 also sees improvements in 2018, as the naturally aspirated engine features significant upgrades for increased power and torque. It’s also paired with the 10-speed automatic transmission for the first time.
The 2018 Ford F-150 also adds an available all-new 3.0-l. Power Stroke diesel engine, engineered, designed and tested in-house and paired with the 10-speed automatic transmission. It’s the first-ever diesel engine offered for F-150.
In addition to the segment-first 10-speed automatic, the Ford F-150 is now the first full-size pickup truck to add automatic start/stop as standard equipment across all models and engines.
The new 2018 Ford F-150 goes on sale this fall. It will be built at Dearborn Truck Plant in Michigan, Dearborn, and Kansas City Assembly Plant in Claycomo, Missouri.