2018 Ford Expedition
2018 Ford Expedition
For today’s active families, Ford introduces the all-new Expedition 2018 – the smartest, most capable and most adaptable Expedition ever – with technology to keep every passenger connected, more power for drivers, and more expected towing capability than any other full-size SUV.
The all-new Ford Expedition 2018 makes its debut today with an assist from the Dallas Cowboys in Texas – America’s best-selling full-size SUV market.
Smartest Ford Expedition ever
The all-new Ford Expedition 2018 offers more driver-assist technology than any other full-size SUV.
In addition, an all-new high-strength, aluminum-alloy body and redesigned high-strength steel frame form the foundation for Ford Expedition’s rugged off-road and strong towing capabilities. Thanks to the use of advanced materials, the all-new Ford Expedition 2018 saves up to 300 pounds, and the team reinvested that weight savings everywhere it counts to give customers more technology and convenience features than ever before.
More than 40 features and driver-assist technologies new to Ford Expedition help make the journey as enjoyable as the destination.
These include class-exclusive enhanced active park assist to easily pull in and out of parking spots, as well as available 360-degree camera technology to help customers see more around their Ford Expedition for easier parking.
On the road, Ford Expedition’s lane-keeping aid is designed to reduce unintentional drifting of the vehicle outside its intended lane, while adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go allows drivers to set a cruising speed, using radar and camera technology to monitor traffic to maintain a set distance between vehicles.
Its collision avoidance detection system helps drivers avoid other vehicles or pedestrians, while available Blind Spot Information System helps monitor blind spots outside the driver’s immediate view.
In addition, Ford Expedition offers available new connectivity technologies and convenience features, including:
- Wireless charging; Ford Expedition is Ford’s first vehicle to feature this system, which allows customers to place compatible mobile devices on an integrated charging pad conveniently located in the front center console;
- Power for passengers in every row, with four 12-volt power points, six USB chargers and a 110-volt power outlet that lets passengers stay charged and connected;
- 12-speaker B&O PLAY premium audio system perfected by acoustic engineers for a sound experience even audiophiles will appreciate;
- Advanced cargo manager with an adjustable shelf behind the third row lets owners create a storage space customized to whatever they’re hauling; even when parked on a hill, cargo won’t roll out the back of Ford Expedition when the liftgate is opened;
- WiFi hotspot supports as many as 10 devices at once, up to 50 feet away from the vehicle;
- Dual-headrest rear seat entertainment system provides a next-generation video experience that allows passengers to view their home cable programming on either of two video screens or hand-held devices;
- SYNC 3, with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability, allows drivers to stay connected on the move;
- SYNC Connect lets owners connect with the vehicle remotely using FordPass to unlock, start, lock and locate their vehicle from anywhere, while also allowing access to important vehicle diagnostic information;
- Panoramic Vista Roof spans two rows, a feature not offered by any competitor.
Most capable Ford Expedition ever
Powered by a 3.5-l. EcoBoost engine with standard Auto Start-Stop plus a class-exclusive new 10-speed automatic transmission, the all-new Ford Expedition 2018 is the most powerful Ford Expedition ever. A newly available electronic limited-slip differential on models with Intelligent 4WD enables improved off-road capability by sending power where it’s needed.
More than 50% of Ford Expedition customers value towing, and 15% tow weekly or monthly. That’s why the all-new Ford Expedition 2018 offers Pro Trailer Backup Assist, which makes backing up a trailer as easy as turning a knob.
Plus, an available hands-free liftgate makes loading cargo easy.
Most adaptable Ford Expedition ever
The all-new Ford Expedition 2018 has a roomy, flexible interior. With seating for up to eight people and their gear, this full-size SUV makes modern family adventures more comfortable during short and long trips alike.
The all-new Ford Expedition 2018 is the first full-size utility to feature a sliding second-row seat with tip-and-slide functionality, providing easy access to the third row without the need to first remove a child safety seat. Once in the third row, even adults will appreciate more legroom and reclining seats.
Ford Expedition’s second- and third-row seats can be quickly folded flat with the push of a button to open up a cargo area wide enough to handle 4x8-foot sheets of plywood and other gear, depending on cargo weight and load distribution, even with the liftgate closed.
Even the drive is more adaptable, with Ford Expedition’s all-new Terrain Management System that lets customers choose between drive modes for optimal vehicle handling in different conditions. This includes normal for around-town driving, sport for more spirited trips, tow/haul for improved towing and hauling performance, eco for enhanced fuel economy, sand for low traction situations, grass/gravel/snow for loose terrain, and mud/rut for uneven surfaces.
The all-new Ford Expedition 2018 is being unveiled at Ford Center at The Star.
Ford is working with both the Cowboys and the fire station to surprise a local first responder with an all-new Ford Expedition 2018 to continue his unstoppable level of service and enable new family adventures.
The all-new Ford Expedition 2018 is available in XLT, Limited and Platinum series. In addition, an XL version is available for fleet customers, from law enforcement to emergency services. To help customers choose the right amount of interior room for their families, all series are available on the extended-length Ford Expedition MAX.
The all-new Ford Expedition 2018 is part of Ford’s plan to grow its SUV leadership with five new vehicles for North America in the next four years.
The all-new Ford Expedition 2018 arrives this fall. It is built at Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville, Kentucky.